5 articles to read this month: October 2016
A collection of articles on leadership, communications, culture and change.
- Three Science-Backed Ways To Influence Other People’s Decisions from Fast Company (@FastCompany)
My takeaway: be confident, sound positive and frame your questions properly in order to better influence others.
- The Culture Ate Our Corporate Reputation from the Wall Street Journal (@WSJ)
My takeaway: your culture is defined by where you allocate your dollars, because that tells employees what you value.
- Is Your Leadership Based On Influence Or Authority? from Tanveer Naseer (@TanveerNaseer)
My takeaway: focusing on our own power erodes our influence, while focusing on developing trust builds it
- Overcome Resistance to Change by Enlisting the Right People from Harvard Business Review (@HarvardBiz)
My takeaway: Look for and leverage the networks that naturally form, not the ones that are imposed.
- The Importance of Authenticity from Confessions of an Internal Communicator (@jenniwheller)
My takeaway: help leaders communicate authentically by learning what communication channels they are comfortable with and enabling them to tell the story.